Summer is right around the corner, and we know you are busy making plans. To that end, a lot of people will be spending some time roughing it in Mother Nature. Camping can be a very enjoyable and rewarding experience, but do you really want to “rough” it? If you ask us, camping should not have to be a rough activity. You’re relaxing within the confines of the peaceful wilderness, fishing for dinner in a serene stream and hiking through a picturesque trail. The only thing that may be a little tough is keeping yourself clean while doing all those activities. Luckily, we’ve rounded up our picks for the best camping towel.
The right camping towel can really help support these activities. So, pull up a hammock as we delve into the useful amenities of a camping towel.
Why Do You Need a Camping Towel?
Yes, a camping towel is an actual thing. It is specifically designed to handle the elements and has now become an essential part of everyday camping. They are usually made of microfiber because of its quick-drying capabilities, which leads to a great deal of benefits that campers should consider.
- Quick-dry camping towels are ideal for wiping away sweat, especially from your eyes. You can even tie one around your head like a bandana.
- If there is a build up of water concentration on your camping car, van, or RV, you can easily wipe away all forms of moisture. This will also help prevent mold from building up.
- They can be utilized as snap towels (a quick way to cool you down). Simply soak it under water, grab both ends and quickly pull to snap the towel. The air flowing through the towel will quickly cool it down. Then, you can use it as a low-temperature wrap to keep you from overheating.
- Camping towels are also great for people with sensitive skin. Unlike regular towels, they never get dry and scratchy which could otherwise irritate your skin.
How To Choose The Right Camping Towel
We have done some extensive research to help you select the best camping towel that fits all your needs. Here’s a list of the important features to look for:
A camping towel should be lightweight and easy to pack, not take up too much space. That way, it will stuff easily in your backpack and still leave plenty of room for the rest of your camping gear. You will still be able to get a camping towel that is large in size like a regular towel, but because of its polyester fabric, packs up small like a washcloth.
You will need your camping towel to have quick drying properties because you will most likely be using it often out in the wilderness. This is a very efficient way to make sure a fresh, dry towel is always on hand.
If your camping towel can absorb spills or unwanted moisture at a rapid rate, the better off your camping site will be. Because you are outdoors most of the time, a towel that can dry you off fast will be super helpful.
Make sure your camping towel is soft enough to your liking. You don’t want one that feels like sandpaper while using it. Choose one that treats your skin with respect.
Best Camping Towel Options
Now that you have a good understanding of what to look for in a camping towel, here are some of the best ones on the market.
This towel features top-notch drying properties and does not stay wet for very long. It’s super lightweight and packs down real small to fit in your carry on. Crafted of superior microfiber, it has an ultra-soft, suede-like feel. Strong interlocking stitching ensures this camping towel is built to last. It also includes a handy travel pouch — for all of these reasons, Wise Owl is our top choice.Buy on Amazon
This camping towel 3-pack conveniently includes three different sized towels for all your camping needs. They are quick drying and feature a unique type of stitching to prevent the fibers from fraying around the edges. They also feel smooth as silk and are made of an extra soft microfiber. A travel pouch is included.Buy on Amazon
This particular towel is antibacterial and dries super fast. The exterior lining protects it from loose threads and fraying. It’s also lightweight and cross-stitched for supreme comfort. You have a wide range of sizes to choose from as well. A travel pouch is included.Buy on Amazon
This 100% polyester towel is extremely smooth and soft, and is great for people with sensitive skin. It’s ideal for wiping away sweat while out camping and hiking, and dries very fast while still keeping its silk-like feel. It also comes with a unique zip carry case for fast, easy storage.Buy on Amazon
Hopefully, by now you feel well-versed in the ways of the camping towel and are confident about selecting one for yourself. To enjoy your camping experience with as little “roughing it” as possible, keep the following pointers in mind when making your towel decision:
- There are so many beneficial uses for a camping towel. From drying off, to wiping sweat, to cleaning up spills, to keeping you cool — they truly are an essential tool for taking out into the wilderness.
- Make sure the camping towel you choose is able to pack easily, has quick-drying properties, absorbs abundantly and has a soft feel. Polyester and microfiber normally are the most sensitive to the skin.